Monday, December 21, 2009

the worst day of the year

It started out great with men's meeting at 7 a.m. and I was at the Watertown Malls on west Arsenal Street by 9:30. I started off easy with Petco. This is to shopping what stretching is to tennis. Then I went across to the BIG MALL. Wandering around stores, my legs and feet became sore from all the walking, my eyesight was blurry. I ultimately realized I was at the end of the mall. (Trust me, don't expect a light there.) To my shock I found myself looking to buy clothes for my wife in Gander Mountain. I forced myself to stagger out of there and immediately went into the nearby Best Buy. I looked at computers until my mind started to clear.

I had spent the entire day shopping and I was physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted.

I looked at my watch. It was almost 11 a.m.

The car was parked at the other end of the mall. Walking back through that mall was for me like a naked albino with no water walking across the Sahara on a sunny August afternoon.

But I had no choice. I had to do it. I did buy something on the way back. I don't remember what I bought or what I paid. It's in the trunk of the car. I think.

I bought coffee and went across Arsenal to visit some other big box stores. I bought a few more things just to avoid the embarrassment of not having anything to show for my trip.

I don't understand how women can do this, let alone enjoy it.

Be blessed.
RB

5 comments:

Deb said...

Aw, women love it! Therefore, next time you have the urge to go mall shopping for her gift, pick up a mall gift card. That then becomes two gifts in one: the value of the card, plus the promise of mall conquest at a later date! Another idea to put icing on the cake: encourage her to make a day out with a couple of friends to all shop together, go out to lunch or dinner, and come home happy and exhausted after a satisfying day together!

LauraNicole said...

I'm really glad that you did not buy anything for mom at Granger Mountain...although I'm sure those orange-camo nightgowns must have been very tempting.

Linda said...

OMG, William and I loved this post. Hilarious!

willson said...

The popular comment layout is common, so it is easily recognized scanning to post a comment. If the comment section is in a different format, then I am going to spend more time trying to decipher what everything means.
study abroad

Tim said...

That's amazing!!! Ohh I want to be now there:(((! Can you give us more inofrmation about hotels or something helpful? I hope that soon I'll have chance to visit that incredible place!