Thursday, April 23, 2009

busy week for a puppy

My 16-week-old, 40-pound puppy had a busy week. Koufax had a trip to vet for rabies and other shots as well as neutering (he's never realized anything is missing). Next day he got a new, larger collar (his third) and a NYS dog license. To complete his accessorization, I stopped at Petco on Friday to have a name tag made with his address and phone number (I screen all his calls).

Tuesday night though was Final Exam time! We took and passed the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Test. I must admit I was not optimistic beforehand. Koufax was probably at the bottom of his class. Let's just say, if he was a human in a public school setting, his teachers would all chip in to buy his Ritalin.

We successfully completed all 20 tasks with our examiner using liberal interpretations of what constituted passing.

Here is Koufax with his new collar, tags, and his graduation present -- the largest size Dogzilla chew toy available.

Be blessed!
RB

No comments: