Saturday, November 29, 2008

this would be my tuesday

I found this video here:



As I watched this for some reason I was reminded of my Tuesday of this week.

That morning I awoke at about 3 a.m. and couldn't get right back to sleep. So I prayed quietly and spent some time with the Lord. I also thought about the best thing to happen to me that week as well as the worse thing to happen. Next the thought popped into my head that today is the best day of the week. Right now should be the best day ever. Christ abides in me and I abide in Christ. The more I abide with Jesus, the better it gets. Therefore, right now should be the best so far.

This realization made me feel especially good, content, almost elated while at the same time also quite relaxed. I soon fell back to sleep.

Later the alarm went off and I awoke feeling pretty good. I remembered an appointment in a little over an hour to have some routine blood work done. Since I had to fast, I had plenty of time to shower, shave and get dressed. I took my time getting up.

After my shower, I found I was running late. As I put the key in the ignition the panic alarm in the car went off. I couldn't get it to go off. The doors were locked and I couldn't get out. Finally the horn stopped. Why it stopped, let alone why it started in the first place, I do not know.

I drove toward the Noble Medical Center. I drove a block past the Nobel Medical Center before I remembered that I missed the driveway.

Later that morning I returned home. I had another appointment a few miles out of town at 10 a.m. The plan was to drive her to work and then go to my appointment. So I dropped her off at work and returned home. Five minutes after ten, I remembered the appointment. After a quick call, I still made it but was more than a bit late.

About this time I had to start laughing. So this is the best day ever?

I decided to stay home for the rest of the day and just read. I would operate no machinery, no electronics, no motor vehicle. I would do nothing more complicated than make a sandwich.

Late in the day I found out that someone (not her) had wasted a large sum of my money. I was a bit peeved. It took about a half hour before I could see this was part of the same thing and could laugh about it.

All in all, I had a very good day. Each day since has been even better.

Faint praise indeed!

Be blessed!
RB

2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad that your week is going better. I arrived in Texas and have been enjoying my week.

nymrsb said...

And I delayed going to work since you didn't want to make two trips? Hmm, perhaps two alarms set ten minutes apart would help with your appts. Have to admit, I did go to the store twice last week with the intention of ordering a cake (among other things) and came back without doing so. Leaving a big note on the counter and going with only that intention made the third trip successful! :)