Tuesday, July 24, 2007

cn & iq & add ons

I have added some gadgets in the right-hand column.  First, is a feature where someone can automatically receive daily updates of this blog by email.

Due to some inadvertent changes, if you subscribed to a news feed you may need to subscribe again.  Sorry.

Under the heading International  Time & Temp  (you may have to hit page down once or twice) there are clocks for IQ and CN as well as weather forecasts.  Why IQ?  I know an LT there and this might cause someone to remember him, especially with highs over 110 degrees daily and the lows sometimes get below 100. 

As mentioned in my March 23rd post, I'll be traveling to CN with three students for three weeks visiting four cities (Shanghai, Fuzhou, Shenzhen, and Chengdu). Since I'm leaving for CN on Friday, I also have the Shanghai weather forecast posted.  The CN time is easy if you are on EDT since it is 12 hours ahead -- just change a.m. to p.m. and p.m. to a.m. That is, 8 p.m. in NY is 8 a.m. the next morning in CN. 

If you check out the Shanghai weather you won't envy my traveling there.

The Chicago to Shanghai leg of my trip takes 27 1/2 hours on the clock but the return trip only 40 minutes.

So this week is being spent running around and trying to prepare for my departure and absence from NNY.

No comments: